Thursday, August 03, 2006
(click on the image to see it larger at my flickr account)
Knitting Wendy's pattern in an imported cotton yarn on US2's. The first sleeve was done in the round up to the point where it would have been sewn shut, as the pattern calls for the shrug to be knit flat, but I chose to split it midway between the "seamline" and the shoulder. It made more sense to me. Besides, I'll do nearly anything to avoid seaming!
This will probably be my last post here. The YC Group Blog has served its purpose in encouraging me to start knitting again after nearly a two-year non-knitting fugue. While I doubt that I will ever be the dedicated (read-"insane") yarnaholic I was when I started knitting some 20 years ago, there's still all that yarn stash waiting to be either given away or knitted up. That's certainly a challenge by itself! Those knitting adventures I'll be posting elsewhere and I'll let you know the new address once I've moved.
Bye til then!